CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 9, 2013

source : tumblr.com

We met beneath the same sunset,

at the place where I once carved our names
and laughed without counting tomorrow.

Back then,
you still loved me.
Back then,
your name still found its way
into every prayer I whispered.

A thousand days have passed without you.

Now,
your name no longer lingers
between my mornings
or follows me into the night.

You chose someone else.

I chose
to let go.

So there we were

standing beneath the same fading sky,

holding different hands,

walking toward different destinies.

For a moment,

our memories slipped quietly
into my eyes
and ran down my cheeks.

Only for a moment.

Then they, too,
learned how to leave.

No words.

No smile.

Only silence,
pretending we had never belonged
to the same story.

Like two strangers
who never memorized each other's eyes.

Like two strangers
who never carried
the weight of missing someone.

And then we walked away,

leaving our story
exactly where the sunset found it

never to be ours again.




No comments:

Post a Comment